General Maintenance Worker – Oakville
Bespoke Maintenance is looking for a General Maintenance Worker to work with our client in Oakville!
This is a full time, 6 month contract with the possibility of extending.
The General Maintenance Worker will work onsite with our client in Oakville and will provide a wide range maintenance and repair services.
Job Details:[checklist icon=”check” iconcolor=”#ffffff” circle=”yes”]
- Performs routine minor preventative maintenance.
- Performs cleaning which requires heavy equipment and ensures assigned areas are well maintained and free from hazards.
- Collecting garbage bins and placing them out for pick-up
- Assists in the setup and tear down of activities, the delivery of received goods, the moving of cartons and furniture as required.
- Completes daily checks on building equipment and records scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Performs scheduled preventative maintenance activities; daily inspections, performing minor repairs, and reports on essential services including plumbing system, booster pumps, heating system and pumps, sprinkler and fire alarm system , exhaust systems, kitchen equipment and elevators.
- Provides on-call after hours coverage as scheduled and may be assigned additional responsibilities in absence of other staff.
- Attend training sessions and workshops as required.
- Must be able to work weekends and scheduled on-call shifts.
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Able to provide a criminal check with Vulnerable Sector Check.
- 3 – 5 years of relative work experience
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and written.
- Knowledge of fire safety principles.
- Knowledge of WHMIS legislation for safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Knowledge of techniques of good body mechanics to prevent injury.
- Able to perform varied physical work throughout the shift and on an ongoing basis.
- We provide training, supplies and equipment.
About Bespoke Maintenance
Bespoke Maintenance is a Baeumler Approved maintenance and repair company that provides maintenance, repair, custom cleaning and other home ownership services in the Oakville, Burlington and surrounding areas.
If you are excited about this opportunity and think you are ready for the challenge, please fill out the information below. Provide any salary exceptions and/or scheduling limitations in the notes section and upload your resume.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.